More Ideas on How to Deal With an Angry Client/Member
Okay, you’ve worked the 6 steps, and now have done all that you can – and your client’s still mad! Well, you may have a tough one, but it’s far from impossible. Here are your next steps:
- Empathize to show that you realize the serious nature of the problem
- Assure the caller that they are talking to the right person and that you will do whatever it takes to help resolve the conflict or interpersonal issue
- Follow through and find someone to help if you can’t solve the issue
- Tell the caller what you can do – not what you can’t do
- Thank the client for bringing this problem to your attention
Watch your effective communication skills grow after you put these thoughts into action. This will also help you with your stress reduction level..which is a good thing!
Was this helpful? Let us hear from you – share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Feel free to share these tips with your team – Just be sure to give Joyce credit when you share or publish.
Sign up at the RSS feed toward the end of this post to be included in future blog posts from Joyce on this topic.
For more info, articles and, pod casts visit: https://www.JoyceWeiss.com