Do you know someone who is receiving individual coaching?
Have you wondered what the benefits are for using a coach?
Do you know individuals who could use some guidance for their own career path or communication barriers?
Many of my clients who use my services as a workshop trainer also ask me to become an individual coach for team members who they want to promote or who need to improve their communication skills. This article will take you through the process that I use during the individual sessions. Clients and I have weekly accountability telephone sessions. An option is to include the client’s supervisor to discuss expectations and realistic goals which will produce change and new outcomes. My clients receive candid feedback and guidance to create action steps and solid results.
We use the following 3 strategies which help clients discover blind spots. We discuss areas for improvement and build on their strengths.
Individual Coaching Strategy #1: Focus Development
- What have I accomplished since our last session?
- What are the challenges that I am facing now?
- What are the opportunities available to me right now?
- What am I willing to change in order to move toward my goals?
Individual Coaching Strategy #2: Using Assessment Tools
- Discover the client’s strengths and areas for improvement
- Professional growth tools to fit the needs of each client
- Tips to use when things get tense especially when others differ from the client’s behavioral pattern
- Understand the priorities of others and how these priorities may differ from their own
Individual Coaching Strategy #3: Collaboration Strategies
- Strategies on how to deal with sarcasm, negativity, and silence
- Discuss and practice tools to make most conversations safe
- The GAP strategy which will give clients control on how to respond even during heated discussions
- Be Direct with Respect® techniques are used which will give clients a tool to use during tough conversations
- Each session contains exercises to resolve conflict and move clients forward
I want to hear from you!
CLICK HERE to send me your questions about individual coaching and how it could impact your company. What is your experience with coaching at your company?
Do You Want to See How Your Communication Impacts Your Success at Work?
CLICK HERE to take the easy and fun Communicate with Impact Quiz. You will get your results immediately and learn more about setting boundaries to be more effective at work and in your life. Sound good?
Here’s the LINK
Until next time,
This is Joyce Weiss, Communication Strategist and Coach
Your direct reports or you can start tackling tough conversations with bullies, different generations, and even narcissists once the powerful strategies are learned. I will do whatever it takes to help you improve your quality of life.
Feel free to call me (800.713.1926) concerning your own team/executive retreats, workshops, and on line professional growth coaching.
Remember…You Get What YOU Tolerate!
See YOU Next Week.
Read more articles and listen to podcasts at our Life Coaching Strategies Knowledge Base https://www.joyceweiss.com/resources/knowledge-base/life-coaching-strategies/