Here Are a Few Questions For You:
- Have you used a mentor in your life?
- Have you mentored others?
- Have you had a mentor to discuss how you would handle tough conversations?
- Would you like to learn how to improve relationships at work?
- Do you want to know strategies on how to reduce conflict in the workplace?
I will be addressing these questions in future articles. One topic will be Whose responsibility is it to give constructive feedback, the mentee’s boss or the mentor? I have heard this frustration expressed from many mentors. Stay tuned for some interesting information. Feel free to send me your experience either as a mentor or mentee.
I am creating a new workshop on Top Level Mentoring Skills for a client of mine. It has been fascinating interviewing people on how mentoring has helped them in their life. AOL Time Warner Foundation wrote that 99% of individuals already in a formal mentoring relationship would recommend mentoring to others.
Reasons Why Mentoring is So Powerful
- Receive unbiased opinions
- Someone who helps others reach their goals
- Someone to go to when challenges arise
- The company retains experienced employees because their contributions are valued