- Reduce conflict in the workplace?
- Get along better with your team?
- Create a culture of excellence?
If so, this article is just for you. If not you can forward it to someone who NEEDS to hear the message! 🙂 The ideas came from a brainstorming session during one of my training sessions on Creating a Culture of Excellence.
Select the Following Statements That Fit You and Your Team
- I will talk to you promptly if I am having a problem with you. The only time I will discuss it with another person is when I need advice in deciding how to communicate with you in a positive way.
- I will not back bite or blame. I will ask you to do the same thing with me.
- I will not complain about another team member and ask you to do the same. If I hear you complain about someone, I will ask you to talk to that person.
- I will do my best to start with a fresh slate and forgive past problems. I ask you to do the same with me.
- I will recognize you when you contribute quality work.
- I will remember that neither of us is perfect, and that human errors are opportunities for learning.
Thoughts From Joyce
Which statement above speaks to you? What have you done on your team to create a culture of excellence? These statements are great ways to open up an honest dialogue. You need to have a facilitator who will encourage openness and honesty. Of course set ground rules ahead of time to make sure that bullies don’t feel free to be sarcastic and negative!
Click Here to read an article on Questions to Encourage Cooperation.
I want to hear from you!
Click Here to send me your questions or concerns. I enjoy hearing from my readers plus they get their questions answered. Let me know what topics you want me to write about concerning your own conflict in the workplace “issues.”
Want to share or use this Article in Your Newsletter or on Your Website?
Of course! You are welcome to print this, and any other articles we send, if you use the following byline:
A recognized expert on Resolving Conflict in the Workplace, Joyce Weiss, M.A., CSP is an author, accountability coach, and a Certified Speaking Professional. To book Joyce to speak at your event or company call: 800.713.1926 or email: Joyce@JoyceWeiss.com
Visit her website at JoyceWeiss.com to sign up for your own FREE video series and Communicate with Impact Weekly to Resolve Conflict in the Workplace.
Please Click Here to Leave a Comment or Question
Please send me any comments that you may have about this article. Loyal readers like you help us find more people who could benefit from these posts to reduce conflict at the workplace and home. There may be someone in your life who is feeling stressed out…who could benefit from the inspiration and knowledge on improving their working condition or home life. Let them know about the “Communicate with Impact Weekly” so they can sign up for their own weekly articles.
Until next time,
This is Joyce Weiss, Business Conflict Resolution Consultant
I help people become top level leaders who get GREAT results.
How do I do this?
I teach them to tackle the tough conversations with bullies and negative people to build employee engagement, accountability, and rock star performance…
The Result? My clients resolve their conflict and they get a better night’s sleep!
Feel free to call me concerning your own team/executive retreats, workshops, on line professional growth coaching, and keynote speeches.
Remember…You Get What YOU Tolerate!
See YOU Next Week.
P.S. Click Here to read an article on Questions to Encourage Cooperation.