Do you want to figure out how to change a bullying environment?
Does your company allow bullies to rule the board room?Do you want to find out more about bullies?
If so, this blog is for you! Please watch the video below.[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN5bMJZK7FQ[/youtube]
How to Start Changing a Bullying Environment
- Create an anti-bullying policy
- Define bullying and declare it unacceptable
- Make enforcement procedures
- Education and training are critical
- Start documenting adverse impact
- Most bullies would stop if the rules change and bullying was punished
Bullying is Unreported
- 40% of targets never tell their employers
- Bullying is erroneously branded as conflict or difference in personality sytles
- Bullying is a form of VIOLENCE
Starting a Bully Behavior Framework
- Single unprofessional incident: There needs to be an informal intervention over coffee stating options for positive communication
- Level 1: Apparent pattern…Inform the bully that you will start documenting the behavior
- Level 2: Authority Intervention…Be supportive and express clear expectations about expected change
- Level 3: Disciplinary Intervention…If there is no change be clear about the company’s rules about discipline and take immediate action
I want to hear from you!
CLICK HERE to send me your questions or concerns about bullies in your workplace. I enjoy hearing from my readers plus they get their questions answered.
Do You Want to See How Your Communication Impacts Your Success at Work?
CLICK HERE to take the easy and fun Communicate with Impact Quiz. You will get your results immediately and learn more about setting boundaries to be more effective at work and in your life. Sound good?
Here’s the LINK
Interested in More Resources to Watch Your Career Grow?
Check out my Communicate with Impact premier program that grows leadership and improves employee participation, workflows, productivity and outcomes in less than 30 days! It’s a great way to learn the newest strategies very fast without having to go anywhere. you can learn at your own pace from anywhere.
Want to share or use this Article in Your Newsletter or on Your Website?
Of course! You are welcome to print this, and any other articles we send, if you use the following byline:
A recognized expert on Resolving Conflict in the Workplace, Joyce Weiss, M.A., CSP is an author, communication strategist, and a Certified Speaking Professional. To book Joyce to speak at your event or company call: 800.713.1926 or email: Joyce@JoyceWeiss.com
Visit her website at ConflictInTheWorkplace.com to sign up for your own FREE video series and Communicate with Impact Weekly to Resolve Conflict in the Workplace.
Please CLICK HERE to Leave a Comment or Question
Send me any comments that you may have about this article. Loyal readers like you help us find more people who could benefit from these posts to reduce conflict at the workplace and home. There may be someone in your life who is feeling stressed out…who could benefit from the inspiration and knowledge on improving their working condition or home life. Let them know about the “Communicate with Impact Weekly” so they can sign up for their own weekly articles.
Until next time,
This is Joyce Weiss, Communication Strategist
I help people become top level leaders who get GREAT results.
How do I do this?
I teach them to tackle the tough conversations with bullies and negative people to build employee engagement, accountability, and rock star performance…
The Result? My clients resolve their conflict and they get a better night’s sleep!
Feel free to call me (800.713.1926) concerning your own team/executive retreats, workshops, on line professional growth coaching, and keynote speeches.
Remember…You Get What YOU Tolerate!