Do you like to hear inspirational messages from keynote speakers at college graduations? I spent last weekend at both of my grandsons’ graduations at The University of Michigan.
Maria Shriver, an American Journalist, and Martha E Pollack, President of Cornell University, were the 2 keynote speakers. Their inspirational messages spoke to me. I’m sharing them with you because the timely themes are for all of us and our families.
Maria Shriver’s Inspirational Messages: This Uncertain Moment is Your Gift
- What you need is already in you.
- It’s not in a job waiting for someone to help you.
- It’s inside you.
If you feel afraid of freaking out, that means you are aware. It’s a gift – You are a multifaceted alive human being. Fear kept me safe. I didn’t feel brave.
What Bravery means to Maria Shriver
- Being a journalist and standing up to bullies here and abroad
- Believing you are ok even when your heart is broken
- Dropping the judgment on others
- Asking for help
- The cure is in you. Bravery is inside you.
More of Maria Shriver’s Inspirational Messages on the Future
- Every decision you make will not be the best.
- You will criticize yourself and wonder why you didn’t do it correctly.
- It will scare you and others.
- Your fire and wildness will help you hold you down.
- Live your values and speak your truth.
- Live outside the lines that society made for you.
- Most people settle. They want comfort and safety. Additionally, they are too scared to face the unknown.
Michigan grads, you are not most people. We need your work ethic, drive, and energy. We need you to cure all kinds of diseases. My speech is for all of you who are afraid and will take action anyway.
Lean into the uncertainty and chaos of this moment. Don’t let it hold you back. You may find yourself feeling alone. Don’t let that stop you.
There were wonderful moments and grief. When you find yourself in the darkness, you are strong enough to find the light. Grads, you get it. Walk forward, and the world is ready for your bravery. Light this place on fire
Inspirational Messages from Martha E Pollack, President of Cornell University
- You are the brightest minds of the 21st century
- You are problem solvers
- Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good
- Read and do what makes you happy
- Take a deep breath and say, “We did it”
- Celebrate all your hard work
Until Next Time, Be Well and Happy!
Joyce Weiss, M.A., CSP, CVP
Conflict Resolution and Communication Coach
Queen of Conflict Resolution
P.S. Please share this post on your social media. As a result, other growth-minded people can reduce their high drama and inner stress. We made it easy for you. The shareable social media links are below.
Subscribe to my youtube channel www.youtube.com/joyceweiss for more tips and strategies for you or your direct reports to reduce stress and conflict.
You’ll find playlists on dealing with bullies, tough conversations, and interviews with thought-provoking HR Professionals and leaders.
Thanks for reading, and remember: You get what YOU tolerate!