- Are you ready to hear about new communication and coaching strategies?
- Do you wonder if your communication patterns get you in trouble without even knowing it?
- Would you like to know how you can get better results in your communication with just a minor tweak?
- If so, this article can be a good step for your professional growth journey.
I’m a proud member of WBECS (World of Business and Executive Coaching Summit). Learning from the top master coaches and top communication gurus is something that I cherish. The benefit for my readers and clients is that I share the BEST coaching strategies that they can put to use in their life. My clients who are taking our virtual communication course: Kick Conflict to the Curb: Get the Respect You Deserve benefit from the latest information that you will find in this article.
Michael Bungay Stanier shared his research for his book, Taming the Advice Monster with the 2000+ Master Coaches during his session. The content is compelling for people who have a growth mindset and know that the “best can only get better!” You are in this category because you signed up for our Kick Conflict to the Curb Weekly Update, plus I know many of you who never stop learning.
Here we go. 🙂
Coaching Strategies #1: There are Three Types of Communication Categories
- Tell It
- Save It
- Control It
You’ll learn about Tell It in this article. Save It and Control It will be covered in the next two weeks. Make sure and read the next two articles to see which style seems more like you. We will go over all three styles so you can see how you can become a master communicator.
Coaching Strategies #2: Tell It Communication Challenges
- Tell IT Communicators actually stop learning for the listener
- Listening is nonexistent because the communicator tells others what to do
- The listener has little confidence because the Tell It communicator only cares about talking and telling-there is no clear intent to support
Coaching Strategies #3: Tell It Communication Benefits
Tell It Communicators:
- Look brilliant
- Save time because solutions are given and not discussed
- Boost their ego while stopping others from growing
Coaching Strategies #4: Tell It Communication Solutions
- Stay curious and do your best to listen and not tell others what to do (this is NOT easy to do – BUT possible :))
- Slow down your action and advice
- See how this change in the Tell It Communication encourages self-growth and autonomy
Joyce What Do You Think About Tell It Communicators?
30+ years of coaching clients have shown me that we have many Tell It Communicators. Tell It Communicators are fortunate when their supervisor points out this communication weakness. Self-awareness is a great first step towards progress. The first question I ask new clients is “How do you see yourself as a communicator?” I share the 3 choices of Tell It, Save It, and Control It. At times we show all 3 communication styles. There is usually one choice that we use more often.
Full disclosure: My communication style is NOT Tell It. I will share mine as we continue this discussion for the next 2 weeks. 🙂
The good news is once we discover our communication style, we can then make important changes. Some of them are easy while others are not. I promise, there will be more information on these important
Let’s Hear From YOU
Let’s hear how you feel about these coaching strategies. Do you see Tell It Communicators in your workplace or home? If so, please share your awareness and how this communication style stifles creativity, trust, and growth. The comment section is working! It wasn’t for a few weeks until one of my loyal readers let us know. Thanks! You can always send me a private email with questions or concerns about communication conflicts you are experiencing.
Let’s Stay Connected
Do you want to go deeper and grow professionally to your next level? If so, I have several coaching packages to fit anyone’s schedule and budget. I’d love to work with you.
For more information visit my coaching services HERE and let’s go Kick Conflict to the Curb together. Coaching is also perfect for your direct reports, emerging leaders, and family members who you feel will benefit from working with me for only a few sessions. Clients find that we work hard and fast. My communication system is proven, trademarked, and so darn results-oriented. ;
Don’t take my word, read what a satisfied client has to say:
Joyce is committed to helping you achieve whatever goals you set for yourself. I am very pleased with the results that she has helped me to achieve in both my professional career and my personal life in just three months. It was a great experience working with Joyce and I absolutely recommend her!
– Yadira Batlle-Gomez, Generalist & Spanish Linguist
Have a Great Week!
Joyce Weiss, M.A., CSP
The Queen of Conflict Resolution
PS Remember, You get what you tolerate!