Hello again! 🙂
The 5 action steps in this blog post will help reduce conflict in the workplace. These ideas have helped clients start productive conversations with team members. Let me know which ones speak to you! I will send 5 more action steps next week. You will receive a total of 20 action steps in the next few blog posts to keep you going!
Action Steps 1-5 to Reduce Conflict in the Workplace
1. Use The Power Talk Formula:
“I am…” (Your emotional response)
“When I…” (Nonjudgmental observation)
“Because…” (How it affects you)
2. Use Verbal Aikido: Take back control when you pull back, not push back. Repeat the same words or agree with the bully.
3. Ask a Positive Question to the Negative Person.“What is something good that happened to you today?” This will force a positive response.
4. Create a Code of Honor with your team.
5. Improve Morale by giving a day off to an employee who finds a new hire.
Links to Previous Blog Posts on How to Reduce Conflict in the Workplace
Read more information on Be Direct with Respect HERE.
Read more information on Verbal Aikido HERE.
Read more information on a Code of Honor HERE.
Search for more articles on improving morale in the search area of this blog site.
I want to hear from you
Add a comment to my blog on which action step you like the best. What stories or expressions help you?
You will receive a response from me because I enjoy connecting with my readers! 🙂 You are always welcome to send me a private email
with concerns that you are experiencing at work.
Get the video series, “20 Tips to Reduce Conflict in the Workplace” HERE.
Until next time,
Joyce Weiss, Career Coach and Corporate Communication Strategist
Have a great week.
Remember, YOU Get What YOU Tolerate!
PS Get the video series, “20 Tips to Reduce Conflict in the Workplace” HERE.