Hi there and thanks for joining me to read my latest blog post about Communication Skills at Work™!
As a Corporate Communication Strategist & Career Coach, I work with individual business professionals at every level on the corporate ladder, as well as teams to quickly and effectively identify barriers that hinder success for themselves and the company.
I’m excited to share the launch of my new premier program called Communication Skills at Work that brings together 30+ years of my experience to help people “own their career.”
This week I would like to give you a preview of the first chapter of this program: The Importance of Be Direct with Respect® in the Work Place.
In addition to the program manual and self-study guide, I offer full phone executive and career coaching depending on your budget and time frame. Click here for all the details.
Now, let’s dive in and talk about why it’s so important to Be Direct with Respect® in the Work Place and how it can help you move ahead and help your team run like a well-oiled machine.
Learner Objectives for Be Direct with Respect®
- Clearly, articulate respect and self-respect in your own words and explain what it means to you
- Learn how to minimize interruptions so you can focus on priority tasks by being direct with respect
- Respectfully question the goals of a project without sounding combative
- Gracefully give and receive feedback
Basic Ideas of Be Direct with Respect®
- By standing up for our rights, we show we respect ourselves and gain respect from other people.
- By trying to govern our lives to avoid hurting anyone, we end up hurting ourselves and others.
- Not letting others know how we feel, and what we think, is a form of selfishness.
- Sacrificing our rights results in allowing others to mistreat us.
- When we use Be Direct with Respect, everyone involved benefits in the transaction.
Through deep questioning, case scenarios, specific concerns faced at work, and role play I work with my clients to realize breakthrough moments that immediately impact the success of the individual, the team, and the company as a whole.
Participants who take the course use their own case scenarios and we practice together until they feel confident to use the valuable strategies on their own. I’m here 24/7 via email. This coach is dedicated to each client’s success! 🙂
Thanks again for taking the time to read my blog. I love receiving questions and comments, so please don’t hesitate to contact me or leave a comment!
Until next time,
Corporate Communication Strategist and Career Coach
Career Advancement is like riding a bike: Shift gears from coasting to owning the road!