Are you tired of employees or co-workers complaining about each other?
Do you want to develop an environment of Esprit de Corps where people get along and RESPECT in the workplace is part of your culture?
Search my previous blog posts on “conflict in the workplace” where you will find tips on how to remove barriers and build strong teams.
Now that your team is removing obstacles, the following tips will help build a positive environment.
Team Strategies #1: Esprit de Corps
- Each person is committed to each others’ success
- The team supports each other during up and down times
- The team does whatever it takes to succeed
Team Strategies # 2: Know the Strengths and Weakness of Each Team Member
There are numerous communication/team assessments on the market. My clients are always fascinated with the results of Inscape’s DISC Workplace Profile. My group engagement skills help each team member interpret and apply the DISC assessment to improve team communication.
Teams learn the following information after taking the DISC:
- How to reduce stress/tension with team members who are different than you
- Create respectful ways to communicate with direct reports, colleagues, and leadership
- Know your team’s tendencies, work preferences, and desired environment
- Change, “Why does this person do that? It’s so irritating!” to “I now understand why this person acts like this and I will figure out how to respond in a productive way.”
- Take your professional development to a higher level through communication empowerment
I want to hear from you
Add a comment to my blog on how you stop food fights with your own team strategies. What stories or expressions help?
You will receive a response from me because I enjoy connecting with my readers! 🙂 You are always welcome to send me a private email with concerns that you are experiencing at work.
Let me know if you want to discuss how to receive your own DISC assessment for you or your team. It’s easy and cost effective considering all the valuable information that you will learn about yourself and your team. Call me at 800.713.1926 for more information.
Until next time,
Joyce Weiss, M.A., CSP
Career Coach and Corporate Communication Strategist
Have a great week.
Remember, YOU Get What YOU Tolerate!