Do you live or work with a person who is not only self centered, but is VERY fragile when you want to give any kind of constructive feedback? If so you may work or live with a narcissist. Enjoy the short video below to discover this difficult personality disorder.
Narcissists Have a Personality Disorder
- An inflated sense of their own importance and deep need for admiration
- Feel they are superior to others and have little regard for other people’s feelings
- They hide behind a mask of ultra-self confidence
- Behind this mask lays fragile self-esteem vulnerable to the slightest criticism
My Favorite Book Recommendations on Narcissism
- Stop Walking on Egg Shells by Paul Mason
- Disarming the Narcissist by Wendy Behary
- Why is Everything Always About You? by Sandy Hotchkiss
I enjoy hearing from my readers. Let me know your experience with narcissists. More of my clients want me to add this topic to their programs since they don’t know how to deal with this frustrating personality disorder.
Want to share or use this Article in Your Newsletter or on Your Website?
Of course! You are welcome to print this, and any other articles we send, if you use the following byline:
A recognized expert on Resolving Conflict in the Workplace, Joyce Weiss, M.A., CSP is an author, communication strategist, and a Certified Speaking Professional. To book Joyce to speak at your event or company call: 800.713.1926 or email: Joyce@JoyceWeiss.com
Visit her website at ConflictInTheWorkplace.com to sign up for your own FREE video series and Communicate with Impact Weekly to Resolve Conflict in the Workplace.
Until next time,
This is Joyce Weiss, Communication Strategist and Coach
I share powerful techniques on tackling tough conversations to build employee engagement, accountability and improve my clients’ quality of life.
Feel free to call me (800.713.1926) concerning your own team/executive retreats, workshops, on line professional growth coaching, and keynote speeches.
Remember…You Get What YOU Tolerate!
See YOU Next Week.