Does your company believe in mentoring new employees or people who want to develop their leadership skills?
This article will show you why mentoring is a great way to produce great outcomes and increase your bottom line.
This is a perfect topic since January is National Mentoring Month.
We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. – Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of United Kingdom
Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction. – John Crawford Crosby, American Politician
Research on Mentoring from The American Society for Training and Development
- Training alone increased manager productivity by 24%
- Mentoring combined with coaching and training increased productivity by 88%
National Poll Conducted by AOL Time Warner Foundation
- 57 million adults would consider some form of mentoring
- 99% of individuals already in a formal mentoring relationship would recommend mentoring to others
- My clients express that mentoring programs keep their star employees from leaving the company
- These employees learn from the best and brightest in the company
- All mentees are encouraged to change mentors if and when they feel the relationship is not helpful
I want to hear from you!
- How does your company create mentorship programs?
- What has worked and what barriers did you have to overcome?
CLICK HERE to send me your questions or concerns. I enjoy hearing from my readers plus they get their questions answered. Let me know what topics you want me to write about concerning your own conflict in the workplace “issues.”
Want to share or use this Article in Your Newsletter or on Your Website?
Of course! You are welcome to print this, and any other articles we send, if you use the following byline:
Joyce Weiss, M.A., CSP is a recognized expert on working with clients to build leadership and communication skills that make them top performers in their industry. Joyce is an author, communication strategist, and a Certified Speaking Professional. Call 800.713.1926 or email: Joyce@JoyceWeiss.com and explore options on working with Joyce to learn powerful techniques on tackling tough conversations.
Visit her website at ConflictInTheWorkplace.com to sign up for your own FREE video series and Communicate with Impact Weekly to Resolve Conflict in the Workplace.
Until next time,
This is Joyce Weiss, Communication Strategist and Coach
I share powerful techniques on tackling tough conversations to build employee engagement, accountability, and improve my client’s quality of life.
Feel free to call me (800.713.1926) concerning your own team/executive retreats, workshops, and on line professional growth coaching.
Remember…You Get What YOU Tolerate!
See YOU Next Week.