Hello Dear Readers!
I enjoy inviting guests to share their wisdom and experience with you. This week we are in for a real treat! The video describes how Diane Bogino helps organizations grow a healthy culture.
Her motto is, “Instead of TAKING the time to whine, MAKE the time to TAKE ACTION.”
Diane Bogino is an Industrial-Organizational Psychologist who has assisted organizations, executives, and individuals in getting out of their own way to achieve success by developing a better understanding of one another’s communication styles, behaviors, and effective business practices.
In a former life, Diane was an actress and model. She appeared in a movie and in numerous commercials and did a national spot for Delta airlines. She also did voice-overs, print, and runway modeling. At one time she was “Daffey Diane,” (some say she still is!), a magic clown. She also performed magic as herself winning Magician of the Year for Greater Atlanta.
What prompted you to go into coaching and consulting
As a result of an abusive childhood, I thought I was too stupid to go to school. I went to college late in life and went into training and educating people to help them grow. This is really my passion. I have an M.A. in Industrial Psychology. My main emphasis is the way people think and communicate – helping them work better as a team. The goal is to help people understand each other and create a better culture.
How did you change your mindset when you were a little girl coming from an abusive household?
When I was 30 I had an epiphany and said, “Life doesn’t have to be like this.” You shouldn’t think of yourself in such a negative way. I learned self-talk and now help people get out of their own way which leads them to success. I had to reverse the conversations in my own head because I thought so negatively. I would literally have to say, “STOP” out loud. It may take a while and is a good place to start.
I realized that I had so much to bring to the world
How are you able to change the company culture?
I like to start with the executive team. Assessments are a great way to start the process. I do an individual and team debrief. The team needs to understand each other. Once you have a conversation with someone else with who you have a conflict, then the healing process can begin, and you can start to communicate better with each other.
What books did you publish?
- Finding YOUR Bootstraps: 11 Steps to Overcoming Victim Thinking
- Secrets of Writing a Winning Resume
- How to Give Your Meetings a Swift Kick in the Agenda
- There’s Something Funny About Humor in Presentations
- Reaching Y.E.S. – Your Extraordinary Self – Unpublished
How can they reach you?
What parting words do you have for us?
Self-assessment is extremely important and well worth the ticket!
Let’s Stay Connected
I will interview Diane Bogino again since she has so much wisdom to share with us.
- What part of the interview spoke to you?
- Did you have to change your mindset in your life?
- Share your ideas in the comment section and I will respond. :)You are the reason why I continue doing my work as a Master Coach. Your feedback and comments show me that you return to read our blog because you are all about self-improvement and professional growth. Send me an email anytime with questions on your own conflict resolution challenges either at home or work.
Until next time,
Joyce Weiss, M.A., CSP
Master Coach and Queen of Conflict Resolution
P.S. Grab your FREE communication assessment to find out how your communication impacts your success at work HERE