This article describes reasons why clients work with a career coach. The question below is a good way to start! 🙂
Are there people who drive you crazy? You know who I’m talking about!
- Narcissists who are full of drama – it’s always about them
- Bullies who start gossip threads, tease others, or control meetings
- Your boss whose a micromanager
- Lackluster direct reports
- A team that’s jealous of your promotion
- And so on and so on!
This blog post will give you ideas either for you, your direct reports, or colleagues on the benefits of working with a career coach.
Why clients work with a career coach
- To develop their leadership skills
- To reduce stress and resolve conflict
- To become a master communicator
- To find a better place to work to hone their skills
I want to make sure that people feel comfortable working with me. We set up a FREE introductory session to explain how career coaching works. They also have a chance to describe their conflict and expectations. I encourage people to ask questions to make sure that we are a good fit for each other.
Here are a few comments on why clients work with a career coach
- I avoid problems and don’t like conflict
- I wish I could handle tough situations better
- I dodge certain people
- I stop myself from promotions because my fear of risk gets in the way
- I need to become a stronger leader
Who are good candidates to work with a career coach?
- Senior-level executives
- Emerging leaders
- Individuals who want to develop their career
What to expect when working with a career coach?
- Sessions are conducted on the phone to fit the clients’ schedule. We create sessions that last 30-60 minutes
- Clients can check in with me as often as they want via email between sessions to ask questions
- Clients develop their individual communication plan to fit their specific needs
- Behavioral assessments may be used to reinforce their communication strengths and areas of improvement
- Clients set accountability goals with the career coach to ensure productive actions are taken
I want to hear from you
Add a comment to my blog on questions about working with a career coach. How have you or your company used career coaches? You will receive a response from me because I enjoy connecting with my readers! 🙂 You are always welcome to send me a private email with concerns that you are experiencing at work.
Please share this and any article that speaks to you or your company
Loyal readers like you help us find more people who could benefit from these posts. Help us help them reduce conflict and improve leadership skills and quality of life.
Learn how I can leverage my 30+ years of leadership consulting and coaching experience to help your organization address career advancement skills here.
This is Joyce Weiss
Corporate Communication Strategist and Career Coach
Have a great week.
Until next time, Remember…”You Get What You Tolerate!”
PS Next week I will share inspiring stories of people who worked with me and the results that they achieved. I received permission from all of them that I could share their experiences! 😉