#Engageyouraudience #JoyceWeissVids #CommunicationTraining
Do you want to use exercises during your training or keynote to energize and engage your audience?
If so, you are in the right place.
Welcome to the video series – Secrets from a trainer to engage your audience. This is video #6: Using exercises to energize your audience.
Some of your audience may move a lot at work and sitting still for over an hour can be an issue for them. The tips in this video will help you solve this challenge.
Movement Exercise #1 to Engage Your Audience
This exercise can be conducted in a training session or even a larger audience. Ask everyone to stand up and gather into a large group. You will give them a choice to select and they will move into 2 separate groups. They will select one of your choices and the group will now be divided into 2 groups.
For example ask your audience: “Is it worse to be a softy or hardnosed?”
- Once they decide which side of the room to stand, ask them to find 2 other people in that group and discuss the reasons why they chose that side of the room.
- Ask for volunteers to share what they discussed.
- This is your time to shine as a facilitator. People usually laugh during this exercise.
Movement Exercise #2 to Engage Your Audience
While they are still standing up you can do this next part or wait until they need an energy break a few minutes later.
- At work do you tend to be sociable with your colleagues or keep more to yourself?
- Do you find it easy or uncomfortable when giving compliments to others?
- Think of choices that are relevant to your program.
- You can do this a couple of times just to get everyone up and energized.
- I find that these exercises are great discussion starters when we cover leadership or communication topics.
Stay Connected with Me
Add a comment to my blog on how you engage your audience. What stories or exercises help you? You will receive a response from me because I enjoy connecting with my readers! 🙂 You are always welcome to send me a private email HERE
with concerns that you are experiencing at work.
Please contact me at my cell 248.310.6998 or 800.713.1926 to explore how career coaching could be a great action step for your career development. There are many options to fit your budget and time schedule! My last 4 clients have asked me to help them feel more comfortable with their public speaking skills. It only takes a few sessions to make this happen. Hey, what can I say? I’m quick and clients use their new public speaking skills immediately. A win/win for all. 🙂
Links to Videos 1-5 How to Engage Your Audience
Until next time,
Joyce Weiss, M.A., CSP
Career Coach and Communication Strategist
Have a great week.
Remember, YOU Get What YOU Tolerate!
PS Find Your Voice with Joyce! 😉