Are you ready to move forward and get empowered, immediately? If so, stay right here.
Do these questions sound familiar?
- How can I encourage people to make decisions when management is absent?
- What can I do to encourage calculated risks so our company stays current?
- Who needs to act more like a team member instead of striving for separate goals?
The answer is in one word…EMPOWERMENT. Empowerment gives confidence, strength, and trust in your own authority. In fact, successful businesses know the impact of an empowered team.
Learn the Two P’s to Get Empowered
Support motivated people who’ll bring long-lasting results. You’ll find three more strategies in part 2 of this series.
1. Permission to Make Decisions and Take Risks to Get Empowered.
- First, help people see how they’re setting up roadblocks to their success. You may hear people saying “I’m not ready yet”, or “I don’t know enough”. If I waited until I was ready to make that perfect coaching session, I’d still be waiting!
- Secondly, encourage calculated risks! These positive statements will become standard in your workplace:
- “Everyone fears new things when they are on unfamiliar territory.”
- “The only way to get rid of the fear of doing something is to go out and do it.”
- “There are three kinds of people. Those that make things happen, watch things happen, and wondered what happened!”
2. Protection…Even if Others Make a Mistake.
- Ensure that the penalty for failure is not greater than the penalty for doing nothing. In fact, part of growth is learning from our mistakes.
- Last but not least, stand by your coworkers. Even more, when they fail. If they make a mistake, ask this very important question, “What did you learn?” And, “How would you handle it differently if this situation came up again?”
Like What You Are Reading?
Website visitors are welcome and encouraged to share any of the videos and articles that have been authored by Joyce Weiss. All we ask is that you include the following information along with the article to be repurposed:
Joyce Weiss: The HR Professional’s Partner. She coaches employees and managers so they feel heard and respected. Which means they feel comfortable using their voice without losing their cool.
Kick Conflict to the Curb™ is her newest online 6-week course that is getting a lot of buzz in the training industry. Participants learn how to tackle tough conversations and earn the respect they deserve.
Joyce Weiss Training and Development LLC is Certified as a Best Practices Company.She is recognized by Espeakers as a Certified Virtual Presenter. The National Speakers Association awarded Joyce as a Certified Speaking Professional.
Do you want to Kick Conflict to the Curb™? Contact Joyce at 248.681.5831 or Joyce@JoyceWeiss.com.