Are you looking for a fun and engaging speaker for your next conference, company meeting, or event? Are you looking to conduct on-site workshops? Joyce Weiss has given hundreds of presentations and workshops over the course of her 30+ year career that focus on cultivating respect in the workplace, engaging employees, and gaining more self-awareness so business professionals can be and do their best work!
Joyce combines humor with a down-to-earth style of speaking supported with real life expertise to keep the audience engaged while ensuring they are gaining applicable lessons and knowledge. She encourages interaction and participation to help audience members learn how to reduce stress, renew office morale, and focus on company goals.
Joyce will interview several key people from all levels of your organization in order to recommend a program that will impact the audience. Many of the ideas will be taken from Joyce’s 3 published projects; Communicate with Impact, Full Speed Ahead: Become Driven by Change, and Take the Ride of Your Life! Shift Gears for More Balance, Growth, and Joy.
Watch video testimonials from Joyce’s past presentations to hear what others had to say about her information-packed sessions!
Below is a list of possible presentation topics. Joyce is always more than happy to customize a topic to fit your needs, so contact her today to discuss.
Communicate with Impact™ Premier Online Course
Would you like to learn how to cultivate these skills in the comfort of your office or home in just minutes a day? Learn more about my premier online program, Communicate with Impact, that will deliver all this information directly to your computer or mobile device.
Speaker Topics & Workshops
Be Direct with Respect®: How to Have Tough Talks with Bullies and Negative People to Create Positive Change
The Be Direct with Respect® is an innovative process of communicating for those who are used to holding things inside. Once you implement Be Direct with Respect®, you’ll find that being direct and truthful will make you self-confident, accountable, honest, and earn you the respect you deserve. Even more important, as the concept of Be Direct with Respect® takes hold in your team, you will communicate better and build stronger relationships with co-workers and customers alike.
- Resolve conflict in order to do the things that you want and need to do
- Gain the respect that you deserve
- Create safe and crucial conversations with bullies and negative people to improve trust, cohesion, and productivity
- Improve meetings by setting boundaries and creating a code of honor
- Build bridges by understanding generational differences
- Learn specific skills to stay calm, focused and professional when you really want to scream, push back and kick
- Discover the root cause of the problem
Take the Ride of Your Life! Shift Gears for More Balance and Growth
Today, more than ever before, people need to lighten up and add more fun to their personal and professional life. Humor is a skill that participants can learn when they discover how to look for it. Gain insights and wisdom from life’s lessons. Finding work-life balance is a necessity, not a luxury!
Live your life to the fullest, no matter what the terrain! If you remember the thrill of the wind in your face, here it is again in this fast paced, humorous, and important program. Give yourself the freedom to have fun.
Joyce Weiss will take her audience on a journey to gain more control and have more fun at work and home. Discover the best practices that other companies use to help employees feel balance in their life. Participants will take a unique and fun “Bike Exercise” to discover their own stories on dealing with life’s challenges and successes. Be prepared to laugh, learn, and recharge!
- Gain more control by setting personal boundaries
- Discover how to turn fear into action steps to move forward
- Learn how to take your career seriously and yourself lighter
- Find balance and move from ‘I’m Stuck in High Gear’ to a place of calm and control
- Go from Fear to ‘In Gear’
- Remember how to have fun- ‘Look Ma – No Hands!’
- Find creativity and remember, there is a second right answer! Yes!
The New Normal: Doing More with Less
Leaders and their employees are maxed out with demands on resources. Joyce Weiss challenges her audience to think about the way organizations balance the needs of clients with their mission. Creative thinking is a necessity to keep up with constant change and expectations. We all have the same 24 hours in our day. We need to figure out how to work as productively as possible and change the way we have done things in the past. Joyce will share tips to keep up with the workload without burning out. Attendees will learn new facts about stress, as well as stress relief exercises to help improve their working condition.
- Gain more control by setting professional boundaries
- Discover barriers to improve productivity at work
- Ask for support during times of success and stress
- Learn to balance the needs of clients with your mission
- Learn creative thinking techniques
- Keep up with workload while avoiding burnout
- Routinely integrate stress relief exercises into your personal and professional life
Keys to Employee Engagement: Love What You Do
Finding the perfect employee is one piece of the equation, while keeping and developing their skillset is an equally important part of building a strong workforce.
This program digs deep into new ways of looking at how others are driven to do their personal best.
Gaining buy-in from employees, and employee rewards and recognition are not a ‘one size fits all’ approach. You will walk away with new ideas and proven strategies to keep your talented team engaged so you can avoid the revolving door syndrome. Be prepared for a highly interactive, upbeat and energizing program.
- Learn tested strategies to honor your employees
- Create a culture of innovation to enhance morale
- Discover fresh and effective ways to solve problems
- Discuss best practices from other organizations on how they engage their employees
- Brainstorm ideas on how to deal with dis-engaged employees
- Learn the newest information about creativity and employee engagement
- Generate energy to keep the momentum going long after the training is over
- Showing a positive outlook on change
- Learn from setbacks
- Do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Look for ways to constantly grow and improve
- Contribute to the success of the organization
SHIFT HAPPENS: Understanding the New Work Realities during Change
Career development is necessary to insure the growth of any organization. It is the responsibility of everyone to continuously become the best in his or her field. The rules have changed in today’s workplace. Productive employees need to continually invest in professional development in order to change the status quo – which is the kiss of death in any company. Competition is brutal. The new work reality is for everyone to manage his or her career.
- Leaders and employees will learn strategies to insure responsibility and accountability
- Discover how to handle burnout and ask for support
- Learn how to “negotiate” realistic workplace expectations
- Accept ambiguity and uncertainty
- Behave like you are in business for yourself
- Learn the necessity of continuous learning
- Look for opportunities and resources inside the company
- Expect your employer to expect more from you
- Make sure you contribute more than you cost
- Hold yourself accountable for outcomes
- Constantly add value to the organization
- Manage your own morale
Managing Upward: Climb the Ladder of Success without Breaking Your Leg
You are in charge of your performance and career development. Discover new ways of working with your supervisor to build cooperation and achieve success that benefits both of you. Joyce will also discuss the importance of finding a mentor and how to find one that is a fit for you.
- Gain the respect that you deserve
- Increase your understanding how others are “wired” and find common ground
- Plan your career development by looking at strengths and areas for improvement
- Decide wisely on how and when to approach leadership
- Understand your manager and build a strong relationship
- Cultivate powerful communication strategies
- Develop your value to your organization
- Recognize the skills you bring to the team
- Learn how to have tough conversations
- Thrive even when working for an ineffective supervisor
- The importance of finding and working with a mentor
Synergize Your Team: Ideas to Boost Employee Engagement
One of the biggest challenges is how to keep star employees feeling engaged at work. In today’s ever-changing workplace, team work is more than a nicety; it’s a necessity. Some team members may lack motivation, experience, or skills. This program brings everyone on board- even the non-engaged ones. By its very nature team work creates synergy. Unfortunately it won’t happen all by itself. Remove your team’s roadblocks so they can access their creative power. Learn how to excel through cooperation. Discover new ways to communicate with all generations in the workplace.
- Improve team communication with customized strategies
- Create an environment to become a “Company of Choice”
- Set up mastermind groups to insure a culture of constant improvement
- Discover a second pair of eyes and look for opportunity
- Change the team’s status quo in order to grow
- Boost morale by confronting negativity and workplace bullies
- Find easy ways to add more fun at work
- Lighten up team meetings with proven morale busters and workplace games
- Listen to the input and use ideas from all employees
- Learn how to communicate better by understanding different conflict styles
- Get to know team members to form an alliance
Whether you are the team leader or are a member of a team, the dynamics involved can be complicated to navigate. Even the most seemingly innocent communication gaps can turn into team dysfunction, lost productivity, and missed deadlines.
This high energy simulation will show participants their team strengths and weaknesses in a positive environment. Participants will be talking about the results long after the session is over. The result will be a team that is strengthened though the individual effectiveness of its members and their new-found ability to work together like a well-oiled machine.
- Awareness of interpersonal factors in team work
- How to deal with bullying in the workplace
- Team versus individual decision making
- Feedback on team performance
- Consensus building
- How to include quiet team members
- How to control team members who take over meetings
- The importance of interpersonal skills
- How rational skills play an important part of the team
Understanding Yourself and Others
This program takes participants on a professional and personal development journey. Each person will take a short on-line assessment before the session. Joyce will bring the results so participants can learn about their strengths and areas of improvement for themselves and their team members.
Individuals will participate in two group sessions. In the first, they will join people who share a similar conflict style so they can discuss the pros and cons. They will then be divided into teams with differing styles in order to discover how diversity enhances strong teams.
This highly-interactive session will allow participants to take away invaluable, practical exercises to help them know themselves better, as well as give them the skills to work better with colleagues.
- Understanding individual behavior using the DISC profile behavioral assessment
- How to help people work together more effectively
- Increasing the appreciation of different work styles
- Communicating successfully to different behavioral styles
- How to resolve conflict in the workplace
- How work habits are influenced by group dynamics
- Insights on team members
- How to set goals that really work
- How strengths can be overused
- How others deal with the team when under pressure
Bold Solutions to Boost the Bottom Line® Change Your Thinking – Change Your Opportunities
In this program, you will learn techniques to expand your network client base and positively affect your bottom line.
This program contains the best practices from companies of excellence. Joyce has researched businesses in Michigan that constantly change to keep ahead of their competition and fit the needs of their customers. She will discuss how others are refusing to give in to wallowing and negativity at their meetings. Participants will experience numerous exercises to help them find solutions to their own business challenges. Come prepared to learn, laugh, and recharge!
- Find opportunity during change
- Don’t allow a downturn in the economy to negatively impact your business
- Embrace change and grow business
- Discover creativity gems on how to look for the 2nd right answer during challenging times
- Learn smart networking tips – the importance of creating partnerships, identify collaboration opportunities, and experience growth from shared objectives
- Ask for the referral
- Hear the best practices of successful companies
Joyce loves connecting with people and sharing her expertise! Contact her today to discuss your keynote and workshop speaker needs!