How Can We Get Empowered, Part 2
Previously we covered the first two P’s of empowerment:
1. Permission…to make decisions and take risks.
2. Protection…even if they make a mistake.
Now, let’s go over:
3. Purpose: Know the company’s goals and answers to the typical conflicts that arise.
- Challenge your coworkers by asking why and why not. This forces constant improvement.
- Recognize market changes. Encourage problem solving and brainstorming. Technology is expanding at an amazing rate, making some present techniques obsolete. Look at trends and then be ready
4. Proficiency: Know the difference between complacency and excellence.
- Encourage people to think of themselves as the owners of their own careers. Help them learn features and benefits of every product and service in the company.
- Train people to listen to the client’s needs. Role play with common objections, so staff is prepared when they’re rejected. This way, everyone will be more prepared.
5. Pay-off: Appreciate and recognize superior work.
- All people have a basic need for appreciation don’t be afraid to speak up. Let your coworkers know the success of the business is partly due to their efforts and achievements.
When you use the 5 P’s of empowerment you’ll see an increase in morale, productivity, and success. These are my tried and true methods – experiment with your own, then sit back and enjoy the fabulous results!
Like What You Are Reading?
Website visitors are welcome and encouraged to share any of the articles above that have been authored by Joyce Weiss. All we ask is that you include the following information along with the article to be repurposed:
Joyce Weiss, M.A., CSP has earned high praises from hundreds of businesses and organizations for her training and development programs that increased productivity and employee engagement in stifled workplaces where conflict, narcissists, bullying and other unhealthy workflow concerns occurred.
She works with clients to build the leadership and communication skills that make them top performers in their industry…which improves their quality of life.
Each program is personalized to fit the specific and unique needs of her clients. Adding an element of fun and personalized group exercises make her sessions unique with long lasting results. They learn how to tackle tough conversation.
Joyce Weiss Training and Development LLC is Certified as a Best Practices Company.
Contact Joyce at 800.713.1926 or Joyce@JoyceWeiss.com.