Are you ready for three more strategies to get empowered?
Previously we covered the first two P’s of empowerment:
1. Permission…to make decisions and take risks.
2. Protection…even if they make a mistake.
Now, Let’s Go Over Three More Strategies to Get Empowered
3. Purpose: Know the Company’s Goals to Get Empowered.
- First, challenge your coworkers by asking why and why not. This forces constant improvement.
- Secondly, recognize market changes. Encourage problem-solving and brainstorming. Technology is expanding at an amazing rate. In fact, make some current techniques obsolete.
- Look at trends and then be ready.
4. Proficiency: Know the Difference Between Complacency and Excellence.
- Encourage people to think of themselves as the owners of their own careers. Additionally, help them learn the features and benefits of every product and service in the company.
- Train people to listen to the client’s needs. Even more, role-play with common objections. As a result, the staff is prepared when they’re rejected. Subsequently, everyone will be ready when objections come up.
5. Pay-off: Appreciate and Recognize Superior Work to Get Empowered.
- All people have a basic need for appreciation
- In fact, don’t be afraid to share genuine compliments often.
- In addition, let your coworkers know the success of the business is partly due to their efforts and achievements.
Finally, use the five stages on how to get empowered. For this reason, you’ll see an increase in morale, productivity, and success.
These are my tried and true methods. And experiment with your own. Next, then sit back and enjoy the fabulous results!
Like What You Are Reading?
Website visitors are welcome and encouraged to share any of the videos and articles that have been authored by Joyce Weiss. All we ask is that you include the following information along with the article to be repurposed:
Joyce Weiss: The HR Professional’s Partner. She coaches employees and managers so they feel heard and respected. Which means they feel comfortable using their voice without losing their cool.
Kick Conflict to the Curb™ is her newest online 6-week course that is getting a lot of buzz in the training industry. Participants learn how to tackle tough conversations and earn the respect they deserve.
Joyce Weiss Training and Development LLC is Certified as a Best Practices Company.She is recognized by Espeakers as a Certified Virtual Presenter. The National Speakers Association awarded Joyce as a Certified Speaking Professional.
Do you want to Kick Conflict to the Curb™? Contact Joyce at 248.681.5831 or Joyce@JoyceWeiss.com.