Would you like to learn a communication secret to control your triggers?
Do others know how to push your triggers?
The video below will give you an important communication secret to gain control of some of your triggers.
Communication Secret #1: Identify Your Triggers
I recently produced an online virtual training on Controlling Your Triggers. The participants work at a small business and wanted me to help them cope better during the 2020 pandemic. They came up with the following list of triggers:
- Living with different personalities 24/7
- Lack of boundaries and space
- Children thinking that the pandemic will never end
- High school students not having a senior year
- Relationships deteriorating
- Parents working full time while homeschooling
- Extended families living together
Communication Secret #2: Know that Change is Part of Our Life Right Now
A trigger of mine is when people constantly complain about how things have changed and they do nothing about this. This may sound like I’m really hard on others. Those of you who know me realize that I raise the bar of expectations very high either for me or my clients. Change is part of our lives.
- We all know people who deal well – and who don’t deal well with change.
- This is not new.
- What is new is that we are ALL experiencing a change in our routine.
- Change is a trigger for some people.
- We can offer support and even help them look at options.
- It’s up to all of us to see that we can see everything as out of our control or do our best to look for opportunities in this change.
Communication Secret #3: Make Your “Trigger” Conversations Safe
First, decide who you want to have a conversation with to clear the air. Create a plan using the following strategy:
I do want to ___________________.
I do not want to _________________.
I do want to have an important conversation about boundaries.
I don’t want to create stress between us.
Once you start off your conversation this way, you can then go deeper on what boundary you need to discuss with this person.
Please comment on this blog with who you can use this secret and what you hope to accomplish. I will send you a response on how you can improve your plan or give you the green light to move forward. You can always send me a private email if you have a sensitive topic that you want to ask me.
Stay Connected with Me
Add a comment to my blog on how you deal with your triggers. What stories or expressions help you? You will receive a response from me because I enjoy connecting with my readers! 🙂
Please contact me at my cell 248.325.8101 or 800.713.1926 to explore how you can kick conflict to the curb. There are many options to fit your budget and time schedule! My last 4 clients have asked me to help them feel more comfortable with their public speaking skills. It only takes a few sessions to make this happen. Hey, what can I say? I’m quick and clients use their new communication skills immediately. A win/win for all. 🙂
Until next time,
Joyce Weiss, M.A., CSP
Career Coach and Communication Strategist
Have a great week.
Remember, YOU Get What YOU Tolerate!
PS Career Advancement is like riding a bike. Shift Gears from coasting to owning the road!
Find your voice with Joyce!