Many of my articles are about resolving conflict in the workplace. This post is about our internal conflict. We can’t separate work and home at times. I do hope that this post will help you let go of some issues that may be bogging you down. We ALL spend way too much time in our personal and professional lives with this internal stress.
I client shared an Old Cherokee Legend with me recently. It is so powerful and decided to add to to my conflict in the workplace trainings.
- Think about unresolved issues that take up your valuable time?
- Regret things that you didn’t or did do?
- Have a pity party when things don’t go your way?
We are all human and think about unresolved issues, regret, and feel sorry for ourselves a times. The important thing to remember is how much time we waste by not resolving things, letting go of regret or feeling sorry for ourselves and start making things better. Read the full article…
People tell me that they never have time to do what they really want to do – their day is just too full. A key message in my work/life balance program -Take the Ride of Your Life! Shift Gears for More Balance, Growth and Joy is… Making time for yourself is a necessity, not a luxury. We do several exercises to uncover what barriers we ALL need to remove so we can enjoy our life even more. Read the full article…
“Joyce I’m glad that I received a promotion because I’m making more money, BUT…
- “I haven’t received any training for this new position and I’m way out of my league.”
- “I didn’t know that I was going to be responsible for so many direct reports.”
- “My boss didn’t tell me that I was going to travel weekly with this new position.”
I feel such stress pouring out of these new leaders. They are overwhelmed and don’t feel that they can do anything about this. Let’s face it, most of us will NOT turn down a chance for a promotion. First of all the company will not be impressed if we say, ‘NO” for what ever reason we give to them. Plus we could be even more frustrated if we turn down a promotion because that could be the stepping stone that we are looking for our own success. Read the full article…
Does this sound familiar?
You have a very successful training. The trainer leaves and your team is back to the status quo and nothing has changed. If so this article is perfect for you. If not I can’t wait to find out what you do to keep the momentum going.
- Do you have an advocate for your projects at work?
- Would you like to find people who believe in what you do?
- Do you want to make a difference?